By: Juliana Pires Johnson
After a long year of staying at home, we not only perfected several recipes in the kitchen, but aced a few of our favorite cocktails too. As we slowly step out into the world and start safely eating at restaurants again, we will still look forward to a Friday Night at-home Quarantini while hosting friends and family!
We’re fans of a dirty, blue cheese stuffed version and the below is as easy and yummy as can be.
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 1)
- 2-3 pitted large green olives (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp dry vermouth (optional)
- 3 oz vodka
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Olive juice
- Start by stuffing the olives generously with the blue cheese
- If using the vermouth, add it to a martini glass and swirl to coat the glass and toss it out. This will add dimension to the martini but not overpower with the vermouth, which isn’t always a favorite
- Freeze glass for 10-15 minutes until chilled
- Once the glass is ready, add the vodka to a cocktail shaker, filled with ice and shake well with olive juice (30 shakes is our magic number). Adjust your level of “dirty” by playing with the olive juice. Start with just a splash and play around to taste
- Strain the drink into your chilled glass and garnish with the blue cheese olives